Top Tips for Taking Casual Office Hair to a Super Sexy Night on the Town Look
So it’s 5:00pm. You’ve worked hard all day and now you’re ready to hit the town, let loose and have a cocktail with friends. The problem is that you don’t want to get in the car and fight traffic all the way home…just to change clothes and fix your hair. Bringing a change of clothes to work will take care of your wardrobe problem, but what about your hair? How can you quickly go from an office look to a hot and sultry one? It just so happens that the expert stylists of Azur West can help make your hair transformation simple. Choose from the following five quick fix styles as suggested by top Azur West stylists
Jennifer Stepp (Color Director)
- Tease your ponytail before leaving work to add tons of volume and great texture
- Use a deep side part and tuck the extra hair behind your ear
- Use a beachy texture spray (like Shu Uemura’s Liquid Fabric) for an undone, sexy look
Cesar Irigoyen (Senior Stylist)
- Create a low, side ponytail
- Add tons of texture and teasing for a fun evening version of the ponytail
- Use Shu Uemura’s Volume Maker to give instant lift to your hair. A quick application with the brush will take your hair from daytime to nighttime in an instant
Katie Sullivan (Stylist)
- Give your hair some elegance by starting with a high ponytail
- Tease it up
- Using two or three bobby pins, wrap it in a circular motion to create a high, elegant bun just like J Lo’s!
Angel Reyes (Stylist)
Try adding clip in extensions. If you use good quality extensions, they look great while adding instant body and volume to the hair.
- Tame fly-aways after work by keeping a travel size bottle of beauty oil in your purse (like Shu Uemura’s Essence Absolue!).
- In a pinch, clear mascara does wonders for taming your hair as well.
- Use a Dry Shampoo to help give your hair a lift. It will absorb excess oils on your scalp and make your roots look lighter, too!
- Use a mousse that adds volume to the hair, like Shu Uemura’s Ample Angora.
- Braid the entire hair and put it into a little bun.
- Dampen the hair by spraying it with water.
- Take down the bun and release the braids when you get to your final destination. Shake your hair out for a great, “beachy,” wavy, and sexy hairdo!